Backoffice issue - drop down menus not displaying/working correctly

mowax

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem. My colleague who runs the shop has reported that the BO has suddenly stopped displaying the drop down menus properly. The menus are fully expanded, but none of the links work. Please see the screenshot attached.

I can't reproduce the problem on my pc, it seems to be working fine. I have asked my colleague to clear browser cache and cookies, but the problem still persists. They have tested it over a mobile network connection and get the same problem.

Does anyone recognise this problem? This has been going on since yesterday and is causing big problems for the business.

Can anyone help please??

btw the ps version is 1.5.4.1

post-27482-0-58655200-1494942221_thumb.jpg

hi genweb,

thanks for your reply. unfortunately i can't check his computer right now as he lives far away. the fact it works on my system but not his is really strange! he cleared the browser cache and cookies, and i cleared the website cache, but he still gets the issue. is there any other type of caching that could cause this? eg. his internet service provider?

so does this look like a jquery or javascript issue? and could they be cache related?

thank you

I still can't replicate the issue but my colleague sent me a screenshoot of the error console, attached below

lots of 404 errors

it must be something weird happening on their server, because I get no errors when testing on my side.

does anyone know what is causing this?

post-27482-0-40462400-1495042277_thumb.png

Edited by mowax (see edit history)

That are a lot of 404 not found errors!

Definitely that missing files are causing problems. You would need to debug that errors (you can ignore .gif files)

Deactivate/delete Prestashop cache.

If problem continues, you can hover over missing files in inspector an it will tell you where they should be located (you can go first for admin.js).

After it, connect using FTP and check that files are there.

If files are missing or corrupt, you should restore them from a clean copy.