PhPmotion.com; phpBB etc. - can we take advantage of those for PrestaShop?

Hi Guys,

I have been discovering many free stuff that i think may be incorporated to prestashop, of course with due modifications, like phpbb.com and phpmotion.com.

Just wondering if anybody has tried?

Cheers
HN design

PS: I am a newcomer, so i keep exploring about Prestashop.

Heya, Paul C is creating a module to allow extra content through combining wordpress with prestashop?? As far as phpbb go if you really wanted to have a forum linked to a website then maybe ubercart with drupal might be better?? I am not too sure how many people would want to use a forum within a shop enviroment?? I haven't tried blending any together sorry maybe someone else,or you could always ask in the module forum there are people always creating modules :).

Hi NG,

Yes, I am also a bit confused on how I can implement phpBB in prestashop.

My intention is, since product 'Review' by customers are not available in prestashop, I thought it may be a good idea to link phpbb somehow so that customers and shop-people can interact.

Cheers
HN Design.

hmm one idea that comes to mind is a forum linked to the shop, each product is automaticly a thread so on product details page the customers can comment and talk about the product.. that is web 2.0 feeling :D but you have almost that with review function that will be availible soon?
Anyhow, I think there may not be many shopowners wanting this kind of function but it sure is a nice function to be able to choose.. maybe someday someone will make something like that :)

Hello Ruilong,

Thanks for the reply.

it is very similar to REVIEW button (NOT sure when it is going to be up in PrestaShop). IN fact I am waiting for the Review thing as well.

If we go beyond Review:

In review, normally you can insert only 'text', however, probably if we go for phpbb, zoomla, wordpress etc. one maybe able to insert images/videos/audios etc. Of course this is slightly offsided as far as the shop is concerned, but it can make a good user interaction.

Cheers.
HN design