Customizing modules/core code tips N tricks.

Hey everyone.

Im sure their are some of you out there like me who modify prestashop core code and modules code ALOT.

Im right now building my 20+th PS shop for a client and i really told myself this time i shouldent touch anything and just go with the default of everything, modules core and plugins.  But.. well now 2 months later i am there again with customized modules and even core code that i have modified. I know im getting myself into a real mess when it comes to updates etc but im not happy with some of the default features, cant help it, mostly design elements though. 1px their and 2 px there and so on. :)

Anyhow.  I just wonder if there is anyone who has some good tips on how to get this done in an easier way? 
Wordpress has Childtheme,

So perhaps its possible to change the design of a module in prestashop with a master CSS file? that would override the module css? Right now global.css dosnt seem to override.

What im doing right now adding is that im adding "Notes" on the lines a change in Jetbrain PHPstorm, and that works ok, but it takes alot of time when its time to update the particular module if there is more then 10 changes made.

Have a great day.

Yes..

you can override module css,template file with your themes

Module css override
==========================
themes/your_themes/css/module/module_name/pathofyourcssfile

For Ex.Here blocktopmenu module css file overide

themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blocktopmenu/css/blocktopmenu.css
Module Template override
=========================
themes/your_themes/module/module_name/pathofyourtemplatefile

For Ex.Here blockcms module template file overide