The property is not a valid price specification

alvesjc

Hi.

I'm still having issues with google Merchant because of formating issues.

All my store products are complaining about the price no beeing correctly understood.

I've used google testing URL:

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

to clarify the issue.

It complains saying:

2,80 € (The property 2,80 € is not a valid price specification. Find out more about http://schema.org/price.)

When following to code I see this:

<div class="content_price" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Offer">
<span itemprop="price" class="price product-price">
2,80 € </span>
<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="EUR"/>
<span class="unvisible">
<link itemprop="availability" href="https://schema.org/InStock"/>Disponível </span>
</div>

If I then replace the coma sign with a dot, and remove the currency symbol, the error disappears!!

How can I change the prestashop engine to use dots instead of coma and to not populate the currency symbol this way?

Can someone help please?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Joao

Edited by alvesjc (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

In version 1.6.1.13, I used this solution:

change product-list.tpl, line containing this:

{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}

to this :

{if !$priceDisplay}{$product.price}{else}{$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}

It means - remove the "ConvertPrice" and leave only the number. Since the currency is in a separate tag, it is exactly what you need. I have seen a lot of solutions, including the one in the post above, but this one seems to be the most appropriate...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

j.kaspar

Worked fine thanks.

But now price shows withou currency when mouse over, but I'll try to fix that.

Thanks.

True, I didn't even notice this result. In that case, the whole span should look like this:

<span itemprop="price" class="price product-price" content="{if !$priceDisplay}{$product.price}{else}{$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}">
	{hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="before_price"}
	{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}
</span>

Which means original state, with the "content" property added in the span tag, as is suggested above my first post. But inside should still be the whole if..else construction, that ensures, that the correct value is used no matter the settings. Not only the {$product.price}.

Edited by j.kaspar (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2017 at 4:05 AM, j.kaspar said:

True, I didn't even notice this result. In that case, the whole span should look like this:

<span itemprop="price" class="price product-price" content="{if !$priceDisplay}{$product.price}{else}{$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}">
	{hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="before_price"}
</span>

Which means original state, with the "content" property added in the span tag, as is suggested above my first post. But inside should still be the whole if..else construction, that ensures, that the correct value is used no matter the settings. Not only the {$product.price}.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your suggestions,

It worked for me, but products under "Best Sellers" Tab are still showing the warning, I'm using default theme of version 1.6.1.20, all other tabs (New Arrivals, Popular and Specials) are not showing any error, but the "Best Sellers" tab.

Hope someone can help here.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

• 1 year later...

PS 1.6.1.23

thanks for one step forward , yet few are still ahead.

solution works on product list, but in product it self shows / reads the  price value  "0" for some reason?

Should I also edit product.tpl ( as it's recommended for 1.7 version )

Also other fields like url . , is there any tutorial / general solution for all that , or has to be done bit by bit from info sourced from different websites or programmers?

Thanks for your support!

snap.jpg

Edited by Zeryk (see edit history)