CUSTOM B2B SOLUTIONS

This post is for PS v.1.2.5 users, don't try it without a backup of required files.

Mine is a primitive solution but I wanted to share it with you. I wanted a B2B solution for my retailers and wanted them to have special discounted prices when they log in. I wanted them to be able to see the end user prices as well. To do that:

1. Create a new user group from BO under Customers>Groups and assigned them a 45% discount.
2. Root>init.php, find this code

// Init Cookie
$cookie = new Cookie('ps');

and change it with the code below

// Init Cookie

$customer = new Customer(intval($cookie->id_customer));
$trade = $customer->isMemberOfGroup(2);
$smarty->assign('trade', $trade); 

(Thanks to rocky!)

3. Open themes>your_theme>product.tpl and just before

{if $packItems|@count}

add this code:

{if $trade}

{l s='END USER:'}{convertPrice price=$product->getPrice(false, $smarty.const.NULL, 2)/$group_reduction}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx'}{/if}
{/if} 

This was for your detailed product pages.

4. Open themes>your_theme>product-list.tpl and just before

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}

add this code:

{if $trade}

{l s='END USER:'}{displayWtPrice p=$product.orderprice}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx'}{/if}
{/if} 

5. Open modules>homefeatured>homefeatured.tpl and just before

{l s='View' mod='homefeatured'}

add this code:

{if $trade}

{l s='END USER:' mod='homefeatured'}{convertPrice price=$product.orderprice}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx' mod='homefeatured'}{/if}
{/if} 

That's all!!!

* If you want to ignore product discount if there is already a group discount applied, or vice versa see:

Changing Discount Policies

* If you want to put a message special to this group, then open root>header.tpl and change this code:

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</title>

with this one:

{if $trade}
       <title>{$meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} Your message</title>
{else}
       <title>{$meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</title>
{/if} 

* I still couldn't find a solution to hide particular blocks from a group. If you find a way please let me know.
* Additionally, I couldn't find how to edit best-sales.tpl, new-products.tpl and prices-drop.tpl, yet. The end user prices are displayed as "0" and I don't know, why.

Please correct my codification and leave your feedbacks if you come up with any other improvements.

Thank you. ;-)

Caglar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caglar, this seems working :-)

I have another question: If I would like a Group 2 customers not to have access to Product Details ( only product-list and in categories ) what should I change? I guess I shoudl start with init.php file and change the code related to cookie to sthg like this:
if cutomer 2 than in product-list do not show the Link that leads to product details ( product page ) Can you help me with that?
Thanks!

I haven't tested this solution, yet. Please have a backup of your related files before changing.

First change is on init.php. Open it and find (number 6 may change as goup id changes when you add/delete a new one)

$trade = $customer->isMemberOfGroup(6);
$smarty->assign('trade', $trade);

right below of this code add the second group by adding this code:

$trade1 = $customer->isMemberOfGroup(7);
$smarty->assign('trade1', $trade1); 

Now in product-list.tpl, find

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}
getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
{if $product.new == 1}{l s='new'}{/if}{$product.name|truncate:35:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}

and change with

{if $trade1}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}
getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
{if $product.new == 1}{l s='new'}{/if}{$product.name|truncate:35:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{else}

{/if}

and change this code

{l s='View'}

with this one

{if $trade1}
               {l s='Act Now!'}
               {else}
{l s='View'}
               {/if}

If this solution works for you please let me know. Thanks ;-)