Prestashop 1.7.1.x - installation bugs :(

Sharak

I knew it's gonna be filled with bugs from the start. That's why I never used 1.7 until now. Tried to use it for my new project, but disappointment is the nicest word I can use to describe this version.

- I can't install, uninstall, disable ANY module (i.e. New Products Block)

- Check payment metode seems to be forced. Have you concidered some countries DON'T USE IT?

- Payment tab in admin doesn't show any modules installed, yet there is new bankwire module and checkpayment module (yeah, that's the one that can't be disabled or uninstalled) already active

- bunch of other minor bugs and errors in both admin and front

I really hoped it will be useful, but as 1.6.1.12 has some irritating bugs after all this time (like enabling/disabling CMS pages or left/right column on theme's configuration), it's still far better to use in production than 1.7.1.0 Stable(LOL!). Seriously, that's not even a beta!

Edited by Sharak (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Turned out it's a hosting / prestashop_archive problem. Prestashop archives are probably packed on mac or linux os and my hosting unzip function make chmod 755 for directories and 666 for files. That's why I couldn't make any changes involving file operations. I have to manually unzip prestashop archive, pack again all files on windows os. Only then my hosting's unzip function will make proper 644 rights for files.

Sounds like a PEBKAC issue.

Is it?

That's not it! :wacko: I made proper archive, files' rights were correct, installed new application and it still doesn't let me disable, unistall or upgrade any module. WTF? No logs are created for both hosting and app itself so it doesn't look like a configuration error.