1.6 Disable a Color group if out of stock, how?

racer42

Hi - Is there a way to disable one color out of the group if it is out of stock, universally so that it applies to every product that has that color?

Ex.: A t-shirt design is available in 2 colors: Black and White (multiple sizes). I generate all combinations in advance.

Now, I am out of inventory of the Black shirts. Can I disable the color black at the attribute level so that it applies to all products in the catalog?

Is there a way to bulk disable certain combinations based on component availability, or do I have to go to each item, one by one and "delete" the combination? I don't want to have to do that, I just want to temporarily disable a color option as needed until the raw component is made available by the supplier.

This ties in with my other post regarding attributes and combinations and bulk editing them. I don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of setting up combinations after the hard work of creating them the first time having already been done. If I need a module, can anyone recommend modules that will work for both this topic and the attributes issue I face here?

Thank you so much for your expertise in assisting with these issues.

:)