Disable the addition of the products weights in the basket

nioton

Hello everyone.

Can prestashop 1,6,1,2 turn off the addition weight of products in the basket?

I have fixed shipping prices according to product weight.

E.g:

10 € costs shipping of up to 35kg

30 € costs shipping from 35.1 to 80kg.

The problem is that the customer buys two identical weight products.

After adding the product to a basket with a weight of 35kg the shipping price is 10 €, but at two pieces the shipping price is already 30 €. I would like the shipping price to be 10 € with these two products. Now the customers make 2 orders separately to save 10 € on shipping, or they do not buy anything.

Therefore, I want to disable the addition of the weights of products in the basket.

At the moment of selling several products the best solution would be to Prestashop to determine the shipping costs takes the weight of the heaviest product.

Can anyone help me in the introduction of appropriate changes?

What about using carriers per product. So two carriers one for upto 35 Kg (Carrier A)  and the other for over 35 KG (Carrier B)

The in the producrt settings you can manually select which carrier should be used for that product. A or B )

We use it like this for long products that have to go by a certain courier

Use it in combination with the carrier settings for out of range behavuors set to highest. So for the upto 35kg carrier, set the weight band of 0-35 KG at £10, and the out of range behaviour set to highest value. So

A customer puts in a product weighing 20 KG they can only choose Carrier A because you have set that. The price will be £10. Now they add an other at 25 KG, the total weight is 45 KG BUT, they can still only choose carrier A and the out of range feature will kick in and still charge £10

Thank you for your answer.
The products that I sell are custom. In the settings of the product is added only weight per square meter. The customer himself enters the dimensions which wants to order. The weight of the final product is calculated when the product is added to the basket.