Customer password variable

seog

Hello 

I am trying in one page checkout show input type"password" displaying customer passwords in hidden circles.
 If I add to value="xxxxx" it works but if custommers go to next page then his password is saved as "xxxxx"

In previous PS versions as 1.6.05 the next variable works:

<input class="is_required validate account_input form-control" type="password" data-validate="isPasswd" id="passwd" name="passwd" value="{if isset($smarty.post.passwd)}{$smarty.post.passwd|stripslashes}{/if}" />

But in PS 1.6.1.11 value {$smarty.post.passwd|stripslashes} dont work, I also tried with {$guestInformations.passwd} | {$guestInformations.customer_passwd} | {$customer_passwd} unsuccessfully.

This is my input to modify:

<input type="password" {if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.id_customer && !$isGuest}readonly="readonly"{/if} class="text{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.id_customer && !$isGuest} readonly{/if}" id="passwd" name="passwd" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.passwd}xxxxxxxxx{/if}"/>

Some know what is correctly variable for show customer password for registered user in input ?

best regards

Edited by seog (see edit history)

If I were you I would solve that problem with javascript. The type of your passwordfield is "password", you can add some javascript to switch the input type to "text", so the inputted password will be shown by clicking.

As post-data I would transmit a hidden field, which is still type "password".