Change Email Subject 2.0

rfourt

Hey ppl.

Got a litle problem here.

I want to change the Email Subject of an outgoing email when i change the status to "Shipped".
BUT.

I dont want it to be the name of the status. 

SO is there any other way to change the Subject of any particular email? or atleast the "Shipped" email.

Meaning i know i can change the name of the status to change the subject but my status name has right now a number in it and it dosnt look good as a subject in the email for the client.

NOTE: Why do i have a number in the status name?
Well this is a litle tip for all u guys that have plenty of orders eveyday. If you for example ad a number in the statusname for "preparation" to "01. We are packing your order" and also change the "Shipped" to "02. Your order has been sent"

They will come up first in the dropdown on the order details page and you just have to click and then press your "Enter/Return" button on your keyboard. And then when you want it to be shiped it jumps automaticly to "02" and just hit Enter :)

Only drawback right now is that the client gets this subject.

So is there another way to change the subject of an email instead of normal way of changing the statusname,?

• 10 months later...

Hi. Basically I had the same problem under PS 1.7.2.4, and I think I resolved it.

So, I named statuses like this: "01 • awaiting for bank payment", "02 • information for payment in the shop", "03 • we started preparation of order", "04 • order is ready for pickup", "05 • order shipped" etc.

Because of that I have nice sorting of statuses in the backoffice (while managing orders), and that decreases probability of mistakes and lets easy selection of order statuses.

The problem was that the same names of order statuses appeared in the subject of appropriate e-mails. To remove this problem I found the file: .../classes/order/OrderHistory.php.

There is a line (in my case #476):

$topic = $result['osname'];

I commented it, and insert right after modified code. So, final view is:

// $topic = $result['osname'];
$topic = mb_substr($result['osname'],5);

It means, I cut 5 symbols from the left to have pure text in subject of e-mails which client will receive. For example, instead of full name of status "04 • order is ready for pickup", client will see subject "order is ready for pickup". If you have other numbering or sorting idea - you can cut less characters, for example just 3 symbols from the left $topic = mb_substr($result['osname'],3); or transform initial text $result['osname'] in any way you would like using php functions.

I tested, and it works for me so far B)