Question about themes and modules.

Hi guys.

I have a couple questions about themes. I have created a new theme from the back office and copied it from the default-theme.

I have created my own module called "My module" and when I "override" mymodule.tlp in the theme ( I created /themes/my-new-theme/modules/mymodule/mymodule.tpl) it works. I just have question though, when I change from the default Prestashop theme to the new one I created it asked me what modules should be enabled. I'm confused by this. Are they asking whether the  modules under /module/ in the root of Prestashop be disabled/enabled or are they asking wheter the "overrides" (like /themes/my-new-theme/blockbestsellers/modules) should be enabled? Oh and another thing there where it asked me which modules I would like to enable/disable for the theme, I don't see my newly created module in the list. That's also one thing i'd like to know.

Then another thing, can a theme be considered an "override" of a modules tpl files with extra css and other goodies?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I think Prestashop ask you if you want to enable/disable ovverride of modules ^^

If you don't see your own module, i think it's just because it pick default modules of Prestashop.

Then yes a theme can override module tpl, js and css, but not the core code in php and override a module with a theme it's more an visual override than an features override.

for 1.6.x.x :

You have to need add your module name on your theme directory  /themes/my-new-theme/config.xml file to install section. 

Yes you can override css,js files from your theme folder.

For 1.7.x.x : 

You have to need add your module name on your theme directory  /themes/my-new-theme/config/theme.yml file to install section. 

Yes you can override css,js files from your theme folder.