Trying SendinBlue addon, first impressions

Malemi

Hello,

I am trying SendinBlue addon for PrestaShop, I would like to share my early feed back:

First problem: I cannot sync back contacts from SendinBlue to PrestaSHop, for instance: a removed subscriber located in SendinBlue list will not be removed in our PrestaShop list (even running a sync cron job suposed to do it).

Once installed I attemp to configure, 40 seconds waiting to get to "Configure" panel !

Once inside settings panel, I am required - please check attached pic : "Your server configuration does not allow to send emails. Please contact you system administrator to allow outgoing connections on port 587 for following IP ranges ...  "

I have been asking to support, they say it is for SMTP mails. Me using PHP mails setting, even so they say we cannot remove that message!

That seems to me a bit weird, could someone give a feed back-up on SendinBlue, how does it really work?

Me doing something wrong ??

Me, using PS 1.7.0.4.

Thank you

Malemi

post-915280-0-52912400-1486585977_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malemi (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

As a follow up of this thread, I have been asked by SendinBlue support to enable SMTP mails in order to fix 40 seconds waiting to get to "Configure" panel.

I am going to have a try and give here a feed-back.

Still cannot sync back contacts from SendinBlue to PrestaSHop,

Best Regards

Hello:

For anyone using PrestaShop 1.7 and SendinBlue (me currently using 1.7.0.5):

I have been in touch with SendinBlue and trying to fix this, it seems sync back from SendinBlue to PrestaShop does not work as we run manually cronjob (suposed to do it) from addon control panel.

PLEASE, anyone trying SendinBlue addons on PS 1.7., your feed-back and help is welcomed here!

To sum it up, I just send this answer to SendinBlue.

Hi ****, thank you.

I have read your last answer, sorry! the problem is not the one you indicate, me I am talking of a contact being removed from SendinBlue.

In your example you are removing a contact from PrestaShop by disabling in PrestaShop (red cross), on the contrary me talking about a contact being removed from SendinBlue. In this last case sync dose not work, me talking about sync back from SendinBlue to PrestaShop.

Please, try to reproduce the issue:

1) A client sign in in PrestaShop and accept to subscribe newsletter (opt-in as you say).
2) A client ask me to manually remove from newsletter (or automatic in case of unsubscribe news botton).
3) Me I manually remove from SendinBlue.
4) Client appears as a red signal in SendinBlue.
5) Client email still appears as subscribed in PrestaShop (and SendinBlue column in PrestShop addon panel) even if he has been unsubscribed in SendinBlue.

Conclusion: It seems automatic sync back from SendinBlue to PrestaShop does not work even if you run cronjob (supposed to do it as indicated in PrestaShop addons page).

Please, try yourself, sign in using your email on my page, then go back to my SendinBlue list and remove manually your email. Your email will not be removed in PrestaShop (sync back not working).

Thank you, let me please know.

Best regards

Best Regards

Hello,

I forgot to upload the following screen-shot in order to point out and display my issue.

The following is supposed (as far as I understand) to be the manual cronjob to sync back from SendinBlue to PrestaShop.

As far as I can try this out, it seems not working with PS 1.7

Any help will be appreciated!

post-915280-0-57948400-1488311181_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been in contact with SendinBlue support team (just want to give them thanks for their patience).

That is my follow-up related with this addon:

1. SendinBlue addon for PS does sync (two way) user being PS client and/if being included in "Black List" in SendinBlue website list.

2. SendinBlue addon for PS is not capable to sync back a user being "permanently removed" form SendinBlue list, does not matter is a client or just a subscriber.

3. SendinBlue addon for PS is capable to sync a subscriber contact (being no client) to SendinBlue website list.

4. SendinBlue addon is not capable to sync back the same user (being no client) from SendinBlue to PS once removed permanently in SendinBlue list.

Because many users require to be removed, not to be put in "Black List", that is, in my opinion, a limitation of this addon.

As far as I am required by any user to be permanently removed (because of Privacy Law), I should manually remove permanently in SendinBlue and in PS.

Have to say: have been trying others addons, same behaviour: 

1) It seems most of PS news sync addon are not capable to remove permanently any subscriber from PS database.

2) Default PS "Newsletter subscription" addon is not capable to remove permanently any subscriber from PS database. It just disables a user, not removing from database (even if being not displayed in addon panel).

3) In order to remove permanently any subscriber from PS database, we should manually do it from database.

Anyone using SendinBlue, please give us a feedback.

Thank you

Edited by Malemi (see edit history)