Change Order Status based on Carrier

cyanoxide

As you are aware, when an order is made successfully on a Prestashop store it pops up on the back office order list as Payment Accepted" under normal circumstances. We have a few different statuses for different things and we use these statuses to filter orders. For example we have someone looking at "payment accepted". These orders get checked over and changed to "pick" and someone else picks the orders and marks them as "pack" and someone else packs them and so on. Because of this orders are usually filtered by order status depending on the computer

Is it possible to change what order status is used based on the shipping Carrier? Basically I wish to make a separate order status called "Payment Accepted - Urgent" or something to that description and have any orders that were made with next day delivery get marked as "urgent" rather than the standard "Payment Accepted". That way I can tell our shippers to filter orders by the urgent status before checking the standards orders.

This seems like the best solution to me as there doesn't seem to be any other way to organise the orders but if you know of a better solution I'm happy to hear it.

As you are aware, when an order is made successfully on a Prestashop store it pops up on the back office order list as Payment Accepted" under normal circumstances. We have a few different statuses for different things and we use these statuses to filter orders. For example we have someone looking at "payment accepted". These orders get checked over and changed to "pick" and someone else picks the orders and marks them as "pack" and someone else packs them and so on. Because of this orders are usually filtered by order status depending on the computer

Is it possible to change what order status is used based on the shipping Carrier? Basically I wish to make a separate order status called "Payment Accepted - Urgent" or something to that description and have any orders that were made with next day delivery get marked as "urgent" rather than the standard "Payment Accepted". That way I can tell our shippers to filter orders by the urgent status before checking the standards orders.

This seems like the best solution to me as there doesn't seem to be any other way to organise the orders but if you know of a better solution I'm happy to hear it.

It would be easier to display "Carrier" in orders grid.

I see what you mean, thanks but it doesn't really help as you can't order based on this only filter and we have multiple carriers that would qualify as next day delivery so they'd have to check multiple carriers.

In this case you are right. I thought that it was only a carrier.

When a payment method creates the order, it sets the state. If it's an external payment gateway is possible that it creates the order and then later on it's validated, so the state is updated twice.

I would recommend you to override validateOrder or changeIdOrderState functions.
Edited by joseantgv (see edit history)