Paypal - Page Not Working

schneckster

Hi,

Details:

Prestashop 1.6.1.11

Paypal Module 3.11.1 by Prestashop

- Configured as UK with Paypal business account, API credentials are in, Website Payments Standard enabled, Express Shortcut enabled, In Context Payment and Paypal Login both disabled, Live Mode and Direct Sales both enabled.

I've just started using Prestashop and naturally Paypal seemed to be the easiest payment processor for me to use. I set it all up OK, API details in no problem. No errors reported at all.

However, when I tried to do a test purchase, I got what is shown in error.jpg (attached) after selecting Paypal as the payment option. I also get an email from my site telling me of the error - but that's about as much use as this page and simply says:

Hi,   Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:

The report it tells me to see just isn't there. The next thing it says is my site name followed by "powered by Prestashop". It gives no details at all of what the problem is.

Paypal Checkout button does work as far as I can tell. It takes the user to Paypal's login - the button is in the wrong place on the product page and doesn't appear at all in the initial basket or checkout pages but I'm not concerned by that at the moment. 

Has anyone seen this before or got a solution to it? It's extremely frustrating as I've used other, less friendly carts, and got Paypal working straight away.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Schneckster

post-1363475-0-45801500-1485335841_thumb.jpg

SOLVED

OK, I figured out how to turn on the debug mode and the resulting error page told me it had an issue with init.php - it couldn't include it and so everything stopped working. I uploaded it to my site again and it everything started working. It now goes to Paypal's login screen  :D

I'm not a programmer so it took me a bit to figure out there may be a debug mode. I'll certainly remember it for future reference.

Cheers,

Schneckster

Edited by schneckster (see edit history)