"Grouping" products by condition

jkiel

New to PrestaShop, so please pardon my ignorance.

I have products that I'd like to have "Grouped" (not a bundle) by their condition in front-end listings, with a "stating at" price, showing the lowest price of the condition, and with the ability to select the condition you'd like on the product page.

In addition, I'd like to be able to select a different warehouse (looks like "supplier" would be the best fit here?) for different products in different conditions, to use during order fulfillment, so that seems to preclude the use of product combinations via adding a "Condition" attribute, since you can't set a supplier per combination, only per discrete product. 

Ideally, I'd like products grouped by their UPC in front-end lists like:

"Title Of product: UPC: 1234, Starting at $10.00, $20 New"

Then when selecting the product, you'll have the option of choosing the use, damaged, new, what-have-you condition of the product from the product page.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be straightforward in PrestaShop.  What's the best way to go about something like this? 

Note: I'm currently testing PrestaShop 1.7.0.4.  I understand that some developers seem to dislike 1.7.0.4, and the add-on selections are limited, but it seems that starting a new site on 1.6.x may not be a great idea, since it'll only be supported through 2018.

Thanks.

Edited by jkiel (see edit history)

If you use PrestaShop's Advanced Stock Management (ASM) then you would be able to use product combinations to add a condition attribute and then set apporpriate stock levels, warehouse and price per condition attribute.

You'd then need some custom code so that the product's title picks up the price range from the condition attribute.

I just read this:

https://medium.com/@prestashoppoweruser/prestashop-a-sad-story-8b7e0a8795b8#.7ikq25lc4

Yikes!

I'm concerned with developing a new site on 1.6 when it'll only be supported for another year or so, and the upgrade path from 1.6 to 1.7 would seem to involve a re-write of any theme and customizations/overrides/add-ons developed.

So, I can't use 1.7 because it's missing needed features.  Shouldn't use 1.6 because the site would need to be rebuilt in 2 years.

I'm honestly a little lost here.   Did PrestaShop's development team not see this as an issue?  Have they extended the support window for 1.6 to compensate for these missteps?