[autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1

lateral

Hi guys,

I have been using 1.6.0.9 for sometime without any issues and the environment is very stable and is not changed very often.

Today, I went into the Modules section and I see the following errors ( I have also attached a screenshot):

3 errors

1. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Couldn't find end of Start Tag im line 1
  2. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1
  3. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1

Why is this?

Thanks for your help....

Cheers

Greg

post-831791-0-34638500-1484651824_thumb.png

Edited by lateral (see edit history)

Thanks for the fast reply.

I renamed all of the xml files to .xml-old and started the BO again but I now have the following error message:

10 errors

1. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: CData section not finished Protect your s
  2. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag description line 1
  3. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1
  4. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1
  5. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: StartTag: invalid element name
  6. [banipfree] Error found in config file: StartTag: invalid element name
  7. [banipfree] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag from line 1
  8. [banipfree] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag compatibility line 1
  9. [banipfree] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1
  10. [banipfree] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1

I then cleared the Cache of the above messages disappeared!

Then I clicked "Check for Update" and the following errors were displayed:

5 errors

1. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: CData section not finished http://addons.prestashop.com/product.php?id_produc
  2. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag url line 1
  3. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1
  4. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1
  5. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Couldn't find end of Start Tag descrip line 1

I then cleared the cache again the the messages disappeared.

I then clicked "Check for Update" and the following messages appeared:

3 errors

1. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: StartTag: invalid element name
  2. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag module line 1
  3. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1

What's going on?

Cheers

Greg

I renamed it and the errors disappear for Autoupgrade but then appear for BanIpFree. I then delete the XML file in BanIpFree and the error message for Autoupgrade comes back...

I then "Check for Update" and the error message disappear.

Somethings not right here...

• 1 year later...

I did get the same error today. Since I did change nothing on any documents, I thought that something outside must cause this problem.

Solution: Uninstall and delete 1  click upgrade module.

Reason: Auto Upgrade tries to connect to Prestashop addons service to check if there is any update for any modules.

When prestashop or Prestashop addon service is out of service, you simply get that error. 

For instance https://addons.prestashop.com/en/2-modules-prestashop

Right now I can not browse this page since I get ERR_TIMED_OUT 

And my shop displayes:

1. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: CData section not finished Protect your s
  2. [autoupgrade] Error found in config file: Premature end of data in tag description line 1

When this problem is fixed on Prestashop side, your problem will be fixed automatically on your shop. 

Edited by santaisdead (see edit history)