Err Too Many Redirects

RDS52

Help Needed,

I was working in my back office this morning updating some products and everything was working great, then I was kicked out of PrestaShop and haven't been able to log back into my store though the back office. I started getting the following error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS 

I have tried everything I can, cleared the cookies, the browser catch on and on, but nothing works. The website seems to work fine. I just cannot log into my back office. I have read some post about maybe needing to regenerate my .htaccess but I cant get into my backoffice to try that. I have tried replacing it with an older backup copy of the file but that didn't work either.

I am using Prestashop: 1.6.1.8

I noticed that after along time trying to login and when I finely get the error message the address line has repeated index.php/index.php/index.php repeated for eleven times, it is like it is loop and I cant figure out what is causing it.

Please Help - Thank You RDS 

Thank you for your reply Ambassador, I really need some help with this one:

To answer your question - Yes, I use HTTPS

To update my problem is:

I cant get into my PrestaShop back office (my website seems to be running good), when I try to loh in I get the error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

When I do get the error message my address line ends up with a lot of theses in it: it: /index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/

I also found the following error message in my error _log file in my admin folder, it show this every time I have try to log in (except each time shows a different PID number):

[16-Jan-2017 22:51:48 US/Eastern] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=5401 in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/presta/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 134

I have shown here line 134 as bold:

* Executes an SQL statement, returning a result set as a PDOStatement object or true/false.
     * @see DbCore::_query()
     * @param string $sql
     * @return PDOStatement
     */
    protected function _query($sql)
    {
        return $this->link->query($sql);
    }

/**
     * Returns the next row from the result set.
     * @see DbCore::nextRow()
     * @param bool $result
     * @return array|false|null
     */

I'm not a programmer and I am at a total loss of trying to figure out what else to try or do. A couple of weeks ago I loaded the "Total Import Module" and it has been doing it's job well, over the weekend I bought and loaded "Prestashop Mass assign / move products to categories" and have uses it a couple of times it it worked well. 

That is the only recent changes I have done to my shop. Then out of nowhere I started to have the above mentioned problem.

Please Help RDS
Edited by RDS52 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
​'​Hi Nemo 

Could you help I can not open customer orders in the order tab, I tried clearing the cache but to no avail

Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

​''​

I tried clearing the cache in prestashop 1.6 on the 

​'​

performance

​' ​

page 

​(top right hand corner) ​

but get the '

​'​

504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time. 

​'

​any ideas?
Kind regards
Len

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have the same issue each time I clear cache form the backoffice.

I solved it by deleting /cache/class_index.php each time. But it is not a solution because backoffice users have no access to this file.

.htaccess is not my issue because I'm using nginx as web server.

Anyone find a solution to generate a good /cache/class_index.php during ?