prestashop theme

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful editing the php files. Changing the order of the php_inc will allow you to make the site liquid but might cause issues when updating in the future. Try making the left and right column have a width of 25% and the center having a 50% width. Along with changing the #page div to 100%. Theoretically this should work. Assuming all three columns are floated left and cleared. I didn't try this, but I would expect it to work.

Unfortunately this solution doesn't working in IE7 (and probably 6), this is a bug depending on the windows's size the right column goes under the left one.
It doesn't work too if you want fixed size for right and left column and a liquid center column (my case)

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/2426/themes/design_extensible__liquid_expandable_design
This post will help you along the way. I did succeed at making the layout nearly fluid, except the design is not set up to be liquid. The rounded corners of the images really pose a problem for making the columns adjustable, they were not programmed in three pieces. Meaning left piece round corner, center image repeat-x and right piece round corner. They are solid images with a fixed width. You can repeat the images, except they begin to look like tabs. I am sure there is a work around, but unless you are pretty skilled with php, I wouldn't recommend messing with it. I hope this helps to answers some of your questions.

the moderators are sleeping i suppose!!! common guys, this is not the right way ahead, if there is a problem, one needs to act on it!!!

prestashop and customisable ? HELL NO! - cant even configure the shop to be fluidwidth????? common, what else can i ask for

am out of presta, it just killed my hopes and requirements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really too bad don_kassim. In my opinion this is really the best shopping cart system on the web. Compared to the table based carts like oscommerce and zen cart. Talk about a challenge to make them fluid width. I am sure the programmers are aware of this and are making improvements to the cart. And if you can't make the cart fluid, I would be happy to take payment from you to work on it and get it done! Thanks for the comments.

don_kassim: Honestly, I think PrestaShop is the best cart I've seen. Even it doesn't have fluid width, shouldnt mean you go seeking for alternatives.

Anyhow, I'm sure once someone builds a fluid template they'll share. But do you really need fluid? For me a fixed width has more control over what I need.

• 6 months later...

hey don_kassim
whats up with you, you come post one topic, become very mean, like a baby,
and exspect the way you ask the moderators help you, i don´t know where you are from, but
can´t be that much of a good neighbourhood.

look everybody don_kasim is here now, leave all your work, and help him, we don´t want to loose
even the most polite person in the world like him in our community, we need him.

it will make us feel sooooo good to help him.

he wants to make his theme fluit, can´t do it himself needs us to help, so lets help him.

why don´t you spoil some oil over your screen this will make it fluid for sure, lol

never mind, but since he is gone now for 6 month, we got used to it to miss him, sneeve.
sd