Prestashop 1.7 has no theme configurator?

julialeft

Hi

I'm new to Prestashop and having ridiculous hassles.
First, had a blank screen on the products page, then suddenly couldn't log in anymore. Fix was to get hosts to edit the max size in the php.ini file (I couldn't find it as they had hidden it). So that's sorted.
Then uploaded and entered all my products (saved them properly) and they were all there – could see them in the front end shop. Now all the images have disappeared and I have to reload them all, one by one.

Biggest problem is I cannot find the theme configurator anywhere (it isn't where the help docs say it should be), so I can do nothing to customise the design. Looked in add ons and modules and the only options are expensive advanced configurators. Surely the normal one is standard with version 1.7.03?

Tried to create a new theme, using the help docs sidebar and the option to enter info into a form is not there. It only gives me options to upload or link to zip files via a url or ftp.

Using Firefox on iMac with Sierra. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

So there's no way at all to edit the classic theme?

My logo and all other images have vanished now as well.

I was under the impression that prestashop had a free template (the basic one), which could be customised, which is why I uploaded everything into it.

Appreciate that the actual platform is free but the documentation is seriously lacking :(

• 4 weeks later...