Translation in check out process doesn't work

cynthia627

Dear all, 

I encounters a problem when setting up my prestashop. My prestashop is both English and French. However, when I switch the language to French, over the 5-step checkout process, the language is always shown in English (please find the photo enclosed). I have checked the translation in the back-office, it seems that all things have been well translated in French. 

I am wondering if there are any other people encountering the problem and knowing the solution. I am using prestashop 1.6 with a theme which is not the default one but one supporting multi - languages. The URL of my prestashop is: life-beauty.net. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Cynthia

post-1031715-0-23298600-1483618814_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

hello, 

i have the same problem, except that i have the german language pack and i use the onepage checkout. my prestashop version is 1.6.1.14. i tried deleting and reinstalling the language pack, it didn't work. when i go to manual translation (front office - my custom theme (based on default theme) - german) it says there are 1039 expressions missing, in back office there are 5173. the same happens when i try manual translation of english. but my back & front office are translated correctly, except for the checkout. i'm not sure, what to do next. i'm searching the forums but this is the first post, which i could find, that has the same problem. 

UPDATE: i solved the checkout problem by updating the file permissions on my server. my german language file was empty, so i copied the expressions manually into the file and uploaded it again after changing the permissions. 

but the front & backoffice expressions missing problem is still there :/

Edited by vitaminsaft (see edit history)