Shipping Fees - various within same State

I am thinking about converting to Prestashop from Agoracart. Some simple CSV editing of my datafile meant I could import all my products easily. My stumbling block is courier charges. I am only using the one courier and would like to set up multiple shipping fees within the same State. I am based in Australia. There are 8 States I would like broken down into 16 shipping areas each with its own fee. For Example:

NSW Major Cities $10 Delivery next business day
NSW Regional Areas $20 Delivery 3-7 business days

I have tried setting up zones but they are not available to the customer to select from and I am not sure how to link them so they work at the checkout out. I was thinking about setting up multiple States but that creates issues with invoices addresses.

I have tried hunting the forums but don't seem to be able to find quite the same issue. Most of the shipping modules I have look at are a bit to involved for what I need e.g. Shippingaustpost. I would even be happy being able to link the shipping fee to postcodes if someone knows how to do that.

Any assistance anyone can give would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I really need help with this too - i may be missing something completely but i thought this would be the case for most people - in Australia anyway

Most states have different fees depending if it's the capital city or the surrounding area, or up north, or down south or whatever.

Mate did you have any luck fixing this yourself?