Site error on Prestashop 1.7

Matt_

Hi

Like most days. I visited my site today and now it says 500 error.  When I visit the back office, it says 501.  The site was working great yesterday and every day since I installed 1.7

I have been working on a module.  Sometimes if I made a syntax error, I would get a 501 error.  So I'd view my PHP log (via my web host) and find on what line the error was, then I'd fix it and it'd work properly again.

Today I even deleted the directory (and all containing files) for that custom module and still no difference.  So I guess that wasn't causing this problem!  Even though I HAVEN'T restored it.

The PHP log reveal a function was called on a null class.  That is an original file and I have never touched it!!!  Exact error: "PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getName() on null in ~~~/config/config.inc.php on line 117" (main directory replaced with ~~~).  That file on line 117 is: "define('_THEME_NAME_', $context->shop->theme->getName());".

What do you think is the REAL problem?  How can I get my site functioning like usual?

Matt

• 1 month later...