Module translation saved only partially, only 1st fieldset section works.

Teemu Mäntynen

PrestaShop 1.7.0.2.

I'm trying to translate a payment module I'm developing. The module translation page in admin panel is split into sections; a "title section" on top and then one section (fieldset) per PHP- or template-file of the module.

The first fieldset section works fine, ie. I'm able to key in translations to fields and save them just as expected if I click save buttons of the title section or the first fieldset section.

But none of the other fieldset sections work. Their save buttons don't do anything - no request, no errors. Save buttons of the title section or the first fieldset section don't save the values in the other, lower fieldset section.

I red there is a database bug that affects theme translation. Its fix had no effect on my problem.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566955-theme-translation-not-saving/

I modified my module just enought to be able to install it temporarely to PrestaShop 1.6 (which I don't intend to support with my new module). I was then able to use PS 1.6 to output an English translation file for my module. Now I can use that translation file in PS 1.7 for English and as an template for translation files in other languages.

If I now try to use translation tools of PS 1.7 to modify the translation file produced in PS 1.6, I'm able to save changes to the first fieldset section (using its save-button, the following save-buttons still don't do anything), but saving in 1.7 deletes all other fieldset sections in the translation file.

Now it's getting ridiculous. Why on earth release a new version [1.7] as stable if it has such fundamental bugs. There is no way to translate modules. What are we (as customers) supposed to do? I don't like to give negative reviews to developers since it's clearly not their fault, but what else can I do. I almost regret my decision to invest in prestashop. I'm seriously considering asking refund for my purchased modules and move to a different ecosystem.

Hello,

You just need to copy this file

https://github.com/maximebiloe/PrestaShop/blob/47a069aa9ca5e347e64020addfd5de6d8059ef89/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/translations/helpers/view/translation_modules.tpl

- Make a backup of your file in 

[your admin folder]/themes/default/template/controllers/translations/helpers/view/translation_modules.tpl
- Open the link above and click "Raw" to download the file

- Copy the downloaded file

- Check if template recompilation is enabled in the Performance page

Edited by Tuni-Soft (see edit history)

Hello,

You just need to copy this file

https://github.com/maximebiloe/PrestaShop/blob/47a069aa9ca5e347e64020addfd5de6d8059ef89/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/translations/helpers/view/translation_modules.tpl

- Make a backup of your file in 

[your admin folder]/themes/default/template/controllers/translations/helpers/view/translation_modules.tpl

- Open the link above and click "Raw" to download the file

- Copy the downloaded file

- Check if template recompilation is enabled in the Performance page

Thanks for the solution. I wonder why the don' t patch these things up directly.