Products order (position) - changes saved, but without effect

Filip_SK

Hello,

in some product categories I experience some kind of bug with the changing of product position.

I am doing this:

- in backend I open "catalog"

- then "products"

- "filter by category"

- I select some category where I want to change postitions of products (for example I want newest products to be first in the product listing)

- I go to the "position" column and I move the product for example from the end, to the beginning

- I can see, that product positions changed, and the moved product now has poisition 1

- I can see the green message, that changes were saved

- BUT when I go to the frontend page, nothing changed....ALSO when I go back to the "filter by category" and choose the same category, I can see the products with old positions.....

It seems like changes were not saved, even if the PS told me that it were saved....

I tried 5 categories, and 4 of them are like this. Just one of them was working correctly (I cannot see the difference between categories to find out why it is like that).

What can I do with this? Is it some sort of known bug? Thank you

My categories are like this:

Clothing - Jackets - Size S

Clothing - Jackets - Size M

Clothing - Jackets - Size L

Clothing - Sweaters - Size S

Clothing - Sweaters - Size M

Clothing - Sweaters - Size L

Clothing - Coats - Size S

Clothing - Coats - Size M

Clothing - Coats - Size L

The one where the positions are working is for example subcategory "Jackets"

Others position changes (Sweaters, Coats) are not working. The situation is the same when I try to change the positions in "Size" subcategories, or in "Sweaters" subcategory.

The only difference between jackets, sweaters, coats is that jackets has subcategories "S" "M" and "L" disabled.

Sweaters and Coats has "sizes" subcategories enabled.