Add same products separately in cart

adamsilva01

Hey guys,

I want to add the same product in the cart multiple times, but as if they were different products. Do you know how I could do that programmatically? Basically I want the cart to look something like this:

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Product 1

Product 2

Product 2 

The only way I managed to do that was to remove the attribute primary key in all the fields in the table cart_product so as to allow repeated rows with the same values. However, I don't know if that will affect the rest of the shop in any way. And also, when I did that, the shopping cart does not dynamically refresh. Do you know how I can force the refresh?

A main problem that appeared to me right now is the delete process. I've managed to add same products separately, but the deleteProduct function deletes based on the id_product and the id_cart. The rows in the database for equal products appear separately, but then it deletes everything that has the same id_product and same id_cart. Any idea on how to bypass this and only delete the product I selected? The only way I could think of was to add another column to the cart_product table like product_position. But then I have to add that column in a lot of places in the code, but I'm not sure exactly where..

Edited by adamsilva01 (see edit history)