frontpage before the shop

hello there!

I need to know If there's a way to put some kind of frontpage before entering the shop. Like a "sleeve" with some features that the shop has and then put a link somewhere with "go to shop"

Thanks everybody :)

two ways i can think of, install prestashop in a subdirectory of your web root,

or if using an apache web server, i think but do not quote me on this, you should be able to create an index.html or index.htm file that takes precidence in load order over prestashops index.php

Just doing a clean install on a domain so I will try and let you know the results

regards

Chris

Thanks Bartman, I'm trying again with a subfolder. I had some issues before but I think it was because of the directories routes.
Anyway I'm interested in the other way you mention, I'll be round here for any news

have a look http://letsgetglowing.co.uk Not much to see at the moment,

but i created a index.html file and uploaded to the web root

it loads before index.php. this works on our server. but may not be the same on every server. only one way to find out am afraid is to try it

now for the problems

The prestashop links to home load the root directory, which meand if you click on a home link in your store, it takes you back to index.html, not what you want.

I quickly edited bredcrumb.tpl and header.tpl so they now link back to index.php, these were the two obvious links i could think of their are probaly more

but it is an easy modification

regards

Chris