Christmas presents suggestion module (price range)

AKSE

Hi,

I'm trying to create 3 prince ranges with products for easy Christmas suggestions to customers from front page.
(3 different boxes to click on and then display the matching products in those 3 price ranges)

I was hoping to achieve this by using Layered navigation and enable price filter for all products and set ranges and then simply link the 3 boxes with the same link generated when doing the filtering manually.

1. Layered navigation only works in a category. OK so I put all products into this "christmas" category even if I was hoping to avoid this and filter from "Home".

2. Layered Navigation uses Ajax so it doesn't matter if I copy the link from the filtering I do manually, to use with the 3 boxes. 
When going to those links directly, the filtering will reset the price range to the default/widest range available.

I'm not looking for a gift card, gift when purchasing specific product module. Just simply want to be able to filter out and show products in a price range and make that a clickable link. (Preferably from Home and not inside category)

Any suggestions on modules or a way to achieve this?

Thanks