Problem with PayPal module v3.11.1 (Presta 1.6.1.9 & .10)

spanishcivilwarstamps

Hello,

I've updated from 1.6.1.9 to 1.6.1.10 after noticing the following problems with PayPal module ver. 3.11.1 at the checkout page:

Logo not showing under English translation

Logo showing under Spanish translation, but text "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" only in English instead of Spanish.

I've solved the tranlation issue translating that part of the text in the module: Localizations - Translations - Installed modules translations.

The image has not been so easy.

I've noticed the following path under the Spanish translation of the checkout page for the PayPal logo source:

modules/paypal/views/img/logos/ES_horizontal_solution_PP.gif

And that worked fine.

Under the English translation of the checkout page the path was the following:

views/ims/default_logos/default_horizontal.png

"modules/paypal" folders lack in the string, and for this reason under the English checkout page only a question mark was displayed instead of the PayPal logo.

To avoid touching the code, I've created views/ims/default_logos/default_horizontal.png under public_htm and the PayPal logo has appeared in the English checkout page.

This is of course a provisional solution, but it works.

I post it here for if it happened that someone else had the same issue and to ask if there is any other solution instead of creating folders and logos in the location where the module wrongly looks for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed uninstalled my previous PP module, because of some issues, and  installed 3.11.1 Now I am unable to configure it. Go through all 3 steps (and yes I have confirmed at the API details are correct) click 'save' and it comes back with an error message telling me to complete step 3. I must have tried 30 times now, always the same. Has anu=yone else encountered this, and if so how did you solve it? 

(prestashop 1.6.1 5, and I'm on a Mac - tried various browsers)