"SOLVED" Logging on to BO hangs

lucoral

Aloha, all,

this is a new development, started on Friday, and still happening today. Before this, everything was working fine. PS 1.6.1.7, modified default theme, but not anything out of the ordinary.

I try to log on to the BO, my password is not accepted. I request a new password, which I can use, but the Dashboard never completely loads, it just keeps loading with the spinning logos for online visitors, active shopping carts, and so on. If I try to go to another page, I am kicked back to the login page, and the password no longer works.

I have manually cleared the caches (cache/smarty/cache and /compile).

I have two stores on the server (bluehost.com), the other store is using PS 1.6.1.6, and both stores were working fine until this happened. I hadn't made any changes to the store with this reported problem. This is happening to only one store, the other store is fine. Both stores load fine, there is no problem I can see

I have tried a couple of things from reading other posts with similar titles, one is the Romanian Ambassador's suggestion to replace the /translation folder, that did not work. The other suggestion from El Patron referenced commenting out a line in AdminLoginController.php, that did not work.

I should also say that the error logs on the server aren't showing anything that sheds light on this problem, there is a complaint about shipping zones, but that's all.

This is a relatively new shop, with less than 50 items, so I can start over if need be, but I've had some activity, and and I'd rather not alienate any prospective customers by shutting down and starting over.

Help me Obi-Wan! You're my only hope......

thanks, Tim

Edited by lucoral (see edit history)