Bulk Product Building

wgeppert

Hi everybody,

I am about to load a new prestashop with about 8,000 products / SKUs, using PS Web Service or direct SQL Insert.

A. What is the best product management as far as database building is concerned? How do I manage the setup of products with multi SKUs as effective and fast as possible (not in back office – too slowly!)?

For example a woman bag, produced in 3 different materials and 4 colors. For this combination I get 12 SKUs:

1. Material A – blue         2.  Material A – yellow   3. Material A – white      4. Material A – green

5. Material B – blue         6.  Material B – yellow    7. Material B – white      8. Material B – green

9. Material C – blue         10.  Material C – yellow 11. Material C – white    12. Material C – green

Each SKU has its barcode - either EAN or / and UPC, and each SKU has 4 images, means this product has total 48 images. This multiplied by 8,000 ....

B. Any good strategy for bulk data production?

C. Any strategy to generate SKU and Barcodes during creation?

D. Any strategy to marry product data and images in a late run?

E. If I add photos to each product combination, all photos of all combinations are listed in product detail, that means all 48. This is too much. I want to jump between product combinations with a click on the texture picture. But prestashop doesn't group the product combinations in the front office, does it?

F. Can I use Product reference for SKU identifier?

G. Where is the file location of texture image files? What is the algorithm for this?

I hope it is not too much for one post.

Best regards

Wolfgang