Prestashop overloads apache, help with configuration, please.

rtvt

Hello,

I have server in Digital Ocean, with few Prestashop low-middle traffic, very low products quantity. I have problem with my server, which falls down because of Prestashop, which overload apache. So I need to restart it everytime.

My current configuration: 

4gb/2cpu
40gb+ ssd
apache
mysql
php
standart configuration

Maybe someone who have few real working prestashop without porblems, can advice how to configure my server, or maybe some specific settings / mods or something else? Relly need help, please.

Regards

I did have the same problem. Blocktopmenu cache and an socialsharing cache were busting the CPU to 100% and never stopping. We deactivated smarty cache and everything was okay.

Only occurence of Performance we had in the last four years.

Martin

Than you for your answer,

But what if cache is important for me, because I need less loading speed?

Also can you tell me it was cache for CSS or JS, or both?

I did have the same problem. Blocktopmenu cache and an socialsharing cache were busting the CPU to 100% and never stopping. We deactivated smarty cache and everything was okay.

Only occurence of Performance we had in the last four years.

Martin

Moreover, I have 4 prestashops with 500 mb size on disk for every. But as I know this problem you described geenerate big cache folder and size grown until disk space will not end. I think I have some different problem, but I don't know what it is.

Sorr,y I am usually not present on forums over weekend.

So : you could override both module to NOT get the cache version. We're talking about Smarty cache, not anything else.

$this->display(__FILE__, 'blocktopmenu.tpl', $this->getCacheId())

to

$this->display(__FILE__, 'blocktopmenu.tpl')

in blocktopmenu.

Like I said, this is a guess, I had a problem with these two module eating the whole CPU. Might not be your case, investigate first, this is only a hint.

Martn.