Cpanel shows 1.6.1.8 backoffice shows 1.6.1.4

Developper doesn't mean us, neither PrestaShop.

There's a module in PrestaShop to upgrade, made by PrestaShop. There's a module in Cpanel to manage Applications (WordPress, PrestaShop, Magento, and many others) this is not a module FROM cPanel, neither it is from PrestaShop. It is a module IN cPanel alright, but it is made by a third party, and it is this third party you must find, blame, and get it to make it work.

This is a guess, I must say.

Now, to help ya out : There's a module in your PrestaShop that is called "1 click upgrade" THIS module is an update / migration tool to update your version. Use it carefully, like any upgrade it has his toll of risk and should be done by someone with knowledge of the platform and theme.

Best regards,

Martin.

P.S. : I have the tools to manage application on my server, I use it to install PrestaShop or any other application. I never, and I insist on that, never use it for update. The update is something that I consider should be done by the application.

thanks Martin,

I tried the one click upgrade module... but i am getting error messages

PrestaShop's caching features are disabled disabled.gif

I tried to disable the cache ..... enanble the cache... however nothing happens and this erro mesage doesnt go....

copying the messages here for your nformation 

The pre-Upgrade checklist

The checklist is not OK. You can only upgrade your shop once all indicators are green.

Before starting the upgrade process, please make sure this checklist is all green.

The 1-click upgrade module is up-to-date (your current version is v1.6.7) enabled.gif Your store's root directory is writable (with appropriate CHMOD permissions) enabled.gif PHP's "Safe mode" option is turned off enabled.gif PHP's "allow_url_fopen" option is turned on, or cURL is installed enabled.gif Your store is in maintenance mode enabled.gif PrestaShop's caching features are disabled disabled.gif PHP's max_execution_time setting has a high value or is disabled entirely (current value: unlimited) enabled.gif

Can you help me resolve this cache issue..

thanks martin,

as suggested by you i first disabled snmart then language.... put shop on maintnence.... loged out and again logged in...

the caching problem gone and now its upgrading...

Really thankful to you for your help an advice...

regards...

parag

Where do you get this message?

This is a permission message. Your cache directory doesn't have the right permission for your web user. It's not a problem I usually have since our server are configurated for Prestashop before I start to work on any project. I'm not so much of a server guy.

Best regards,