inventory management with combinations

I need help finding a module or feature. 

I make one of a kind necklace charms. 

I set them in customer's choice of gold, silver, or platinum.

Sometimes they also come with choice of different style necklaces. 

The customer decides at the time of purchase what setting they want. 

But the problem is that if list one combination of each setting I have to have one of each combination  available in inventory. So I might have to put up to 8 combinations in inventory. Now if I run a promotion and 3 people want to buy the same charm. The first person buys it but there are 7 other combinations in inventory. 

It seems I've seen a "Advanced Pack 5 - Create ​​bundles of products"  that may work by tying different inventory items together (Will this module work for me?)  But I prefer to not have it bundled to other inventory items since I don't bother tracking inventory of the settings.   Also $279 seems like a lot of money for something that may have another solution. In the end if this module will work something like this module is acceptable to me at a lower price point.

Let me know what alternatives are out there that I've missed. 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the functionality that I need could be solved by providing "combinations" together with "packs"  For some reason when using a Pack, combinations are removed from the menu. Should be an easy fix. I should not need a $300.00 module for this?  Is there an update in the works for this? Or an alternate way of handling this? Or a cheaper route?

• 2 weeks later...