Can't login to BackOffice - Please help!!!

OK, so I'm running your standard Apache server (1.3.41), with fresh upgrades to both PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.51a-community. The Presta install (which I downloaded today) went without a hitch. I renamed my admin dir and deleted the install folder. Less the optional reg-globals being on, everything else checked out perfectly. (I had to leave this on for other applications unfortunately.)

I check out the store and it's all good. I go to the backoffice, and nothing. I log in, and get nothing but the login screen again. No errors... NOTHING.

I've tried a few suggestion (that I could figure out from other posts) and nothing works. I've completely updated by didicated server for this, and I can't figure out how to get it going.

Another thing... Where is the .htaccess file? I can't find one anywhere but the download folder. Could this be part of the issue? I can't even find the .htaccess.txt everyone keeps talking about.

Any help you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm on deadline but have no idea how to proceed.
(And I was supposed to build this store with something else, but this looked too good to pass up.)

• 1 month later...