Editing blocktopmenu markup

Hi all, im using prestashop 1.6.

I want to edit the markup for the blocktopmenu module. I've looked around and it's clear that I need to look in the blocktopmenu.php file, the makeMenu() method - and go through the switch function and add my classes or whatever there.

My question is should I edit the /modules/blocktopmenu.php OR

Create a /themes/my-theme/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php file and add a makeMenu() method in that OR

Create an override class for the blocktopmenu in /overrides/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php and add a makeMenu() method there?

• Like 1

Hi all, im using prestashop 1.6.

I want to edit the markup for the blocktopmenu module. I've looked around and it's clear that I need to look in the blocktopmenu.php file, the makeMenu() method - and go through the switch function and add my classes or whatever there.

My question is should I edit the /modules/blocktopmenu.php OR

Create a /themes/my-theme/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php file and add a makeMenu() method in that OR

Create an override class for the blocktopmenu in /overrides/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php and add a makeMenu() method there?

You should definitely create an override for the module to be sure you will not lose anything in case of updating.

Ok Daniel, thanks for the speedy reply.

If I create an override - should I need to reinstall the module, or should the makeMenu() method on my override take priority over the default right away?

I don't think it's necessary to reset the module, you just have to flush the class index by deleting /cache/class_index.php

• Like 1