Any way to get the customer's order before it goes to payment?

I find I need to verify my orders with my supplier before the order goes through the payment process.  Why? --> my supplier makes changes to products without informing me and frequently puts items on backorder which I don't find out about till after I place the order while my customer imagines a much sooner delivery date.  Above all I don't need my site to get a bad reputation for delivering products that alter from what is in my descriptions.

I want to be able to see/view/capture a potential sale or order before any payment gateway charges occur.  I don't want unhappy customers or ugly returns or have to pay the gateway fees for no-sale returns. And I don't want review sites, forums, the Great and Powerful Google or anyone else saying I did not deliver as promised. Yes, it's a 'sure-to-lose-sales' extra step for me (and my customers) but I have no choice if I want to continue selling the products my supplier offers.

What I imagine is a scenario like this:  Customer places order and understands that payment will not take place until the order can be verified with the (my) supplier.  I believe if I worded it just right (tweeked to the max) I can bring that customer in and make the sale. So,,,

I then verify the order with my supplier to make sure my customer is buying what I described and if it's good to go I inform the customer of such. And then I could utilize something like PayPals invoicing plan and send the customer an invoice with payment links and options. 

The customer pays the invoice, I get paid, and only then do I place the order with the supplier who then charges me before shipping the order (I don't keep stock).

So,,, is there a way to capture the order before payment processing?  I'm new and haven't yet put my site online or have chosen a payment gateway.

I'm running PS v 1.6.1.7 

Any help here would be hot.

Thanks

Edited by Copernican Theory (see edit history)

Hello ,

You could use of the many pre-order modules available from the add-ons store:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?pab=1&id_category=0&search_query=pre+order

or

use one of my payment modules. This payment module allows you to change the Payment title to whatever you like and also allows you to configure custom text on the invoice.

Find more information about the module here:

https://www.logicalit.com/prestashop-modules/en/14-payment-by-invoice-account-module.html

and

Here is a screenshot of how the payment module can be configured:

payment-by-invoice-account-module.jpg

• Like 1