socialsharing_header.tpl.php in cache - Enormously lot of files and slow upload to ftp

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask, I am uploading the backup to my test domain and it takes soooooooo long because of the \cache\smarty\cache\socialsharing_header file which contains about 7000 files with subfiles (i guess it is each file for each product) and it goes one uploaded file for 2 seconds. Why this files are created because of socialsharing module?? I guess there is no need to the module creates it.

I am thinking to hardcode the code for opengraph in header.tpl and unhook the socialsharing in header hook. Is that a good idea?

The files look like:

\mydomain.cz\cache\smarty\cache\socialsharing_header\5155\1\2\4\16\bb\ad\79\bbad79e19086da65d3952c5701add73c6cc55aa1.socialsharing_header.tpl.php

Thanks for discusion,

Daniel

it's a cache, that's what it does, it means it doesn't have to rebuild the html every time a customer browses your site.

You could disable it completely, but then        your          site         would       be         slow.

What I was implying was, delete the cache files from the backup, upload it, rebuild the cache.