Categories (and sub-cats) Based On Product Files Alone?

Bizza

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can assist with an issue we are facing regarding category sructures.

I have a developer who is developing a mass product uploading module for Prestashop.

The module/system relies primarily on the product datafeed that is available on our server's database.

Products are uploaded to the shop automatically via API calls based on user preferences, like specific niche categories (Fragrances, or Electronics for example), or based on specific Dropshipper's products.

The database has a category field which contains data that looks something like this:

Fragrances,Men's Products,Men's Fragrances (all comma separated).

"Fragrances" would be the Main Category, and the rest are nested sub-categories.

So in the end, Men's Fragrances should be a sub-category of Men's Products, and Men's Products should be a sub-category under the main category - Fragrances.

In the above example the product ends up under all of those categories, but should really be under "Men's Fragrances" alone. The reason I added the other categories is so that I can tell my Prestashop the category tree for that product, but my Prestashop simply shows all of those categories as main categories, so they aren't nested. This becomes very messy once we upload thousands of products.

Note, the data is refreshed automatically every day!

How do we get that product under the category "Men's Fragrances" alone, and also tell Prestashop to create a category tree based on the ones mentioned in order:

Fragrances,

Men's Products,

Men's Fragrances

??????

Thanks in advance.