[Solved] Paypal module v3.10.10 - Translations not working as expected

dev_visyon360

I've downloaded the PayPal Module v3.10.10 (EU flavor).
The translations doesn't appear in a mono-language setup site, and everything is configured (locale, default language, country) to Spain (ISO code: es, Locale: es-es).

I've dumped the variable [ $this->iso_code ] on:

/* file: modules/paypal/paypal.php */
private function loadLangDefault()

And I get the expected output, which is 'ES'. But all translated strings still appear in default, which is english. In the translations.xml file there's defined the translations for ES language.
Also, I've to note that when accessing via backoffice to the Localization > Translation menu, I have none of the Paypal Module strings translated for any theme.

Prestashop version is kept up to date at v1.6.1.7

Any directions about why this doesn't work? Any way to import the translations into the localization? Which setting I've missed?

Edited by dev_visyon360 (see edit history)

Solved. Thing is that some translation strings are missing in several languages (ES, TR, FR...), hence those missing fall to default, which is english language.

Posted the issue in GitHub repo. Maybe I even will do a pull request to add the missing translations.

I also doesn't understand the inconsistency between the "old" way of handling translations (having an individual .php file for each translation), and the "new" way (which is not documented anywhere) of having a single XML containing all translations.

Anyone could shed some light here?

Edited by dev_visyon360 (see edit history)