Problem installing my new paid theme : to my test URL or personal domain name URL ?

LéaPetitjean

Hello,

I am new to Prestashop : I wish to move my website currently under Squarespace to Prestashop.
I wanted to set my prestashop website backoffice (currently under the test prestashop-provided URL) before associating it with my personal domain name (so that my customers can still visit my squarespace website in the meantime.)

However, when I am about the download my paid templatee (from the Prestashop add-ons marketplace), it says :

" The theme you bought is sold with  a single license, you can use it on one website only. Please fill the field with the website URL on which the theme will be installed. You can install it on a test shop, but this must be the URL of the final website".

I am not sure to understand:

--> Should I provide my prestashop test URL to start working on the backoffice, and when I will associate my personal domain name to my prestashop website, the theme will automatically "follow" the association, and be visible at my personal domain URL ?

--> Or must I fill in the personal domain name now to download the theme, and the theme will only show once I associate the personal domain name to my prestashop backoffice ? But then, in the meantime, will I be able to visualize the appearance of my website as I am working on it ?

Please let me know if I am missing some information to ask my question properly.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Léa