Uploading Product image via FTP and linking via CSV

Okiaatx

I'm using the latest version of PS.  I'm not sure why this should be so difficult.  I keep getting this error on upload.  

I uploaded 1 image titled 'red' to /public_html/admin1405/import.  Initially, my CSV file was pointing to http://www.buffaloap.../import/red.jpg.  That didn't work.  'No Image' was displayed.  Changed the permission on red.jpg, then a '?' was displayed.  Changed the name of the image file to 500, assuming that the file name has to be numeric and not alphanumeric.  Pointed my CSV to http://www.buffaloapparel.net/public_html/img/p/5/0/0.jpg, and get's the same results.  What am I doing wrong?  I've been at this off and on for 5 years now.  I get frustrated and have to walk away.  Now i'm back trying again, and still the same results.  Why isn't there any straight forward instructions on this subject in the PS documentations?  By the way, I'm using File Zilla to upload the images.

Any help you can provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I was going by the guidance of a post from a another user in a different thread.  To be honest, the whole thing is confusing to me.  As i understand, images can be uploaded to any folder.  If i copy the url of an image through filezilla, and list it in the CSV, PS will locate and relocate said image.  I've tried different variations of those instructions, only to fail over and over

Yes, you are absolutely right. Once you have right path of image, PrestaShop will download it in proper folder. Even it don't need any permission if it is accessible via http protocol. 

Problem with you is may be htaccess of PrestaShop, it just rewrite URL you are trying to download image. So guaranteed solution is make a subdomain and upload images there and give path in reference of subdomain. If you don't want to do this then at very first disable friendly URL of PrestaShop while you are importing CSV.

• Like 2

The name of my images by default are alpha numeric. eg..NGG30W.  Does PS accept this format?  When you say sub domain, do you mean a sub- directory?  Not sure how to do that.  I'm a rookie when it comes to this.  My CSV does not have a column to disable friendly URL.  Also, if i were to upload the images to a folder and copy and past the file URL in my browser, with "www" added, the image file does not show.  Just to give you an idea.

If you can't see uploaded image in your browser then that is issue.

No, there is no issue with image name. PrestaShop will rename it when it will be assigned to product.

By subdomain i am saying to create something like, if you example.com is your site then create iamges.example.com subdomain from your cPanel then PrestaShop .htaccess file will not affect it and at lest you can't see that question mark image. Do this and share link of uploaded image. Let solve this issue asap.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for being patient

2 errors 

1. No Name (ID: No ID) cannot be saved
  2. Property Product->name is empty
There are 3 warnings
  • Rewrite link for Nurses Light Weight (ID: 1) was re-written as nurses-light-weight.
  • Error copying image: www.buffaloapparel.net/shop/DG420W_37_z.jpg
  • Rewrite link for (ID: null) was re-written as friendly-url-autogeneration-failed.

I got the above errors on upload.  image is still missing.  The CSV link pointing to www.buffaloapparel.net/shop/DG420W_37_z.jpg

Good morning...

I'm very excited to tell you that it worked.  I now have a working CSV!  I've been trying for five years.  Thank you for your help!  

The last problem from yesterday, was do to the 'Category' structure being incorrect.  Kudos to you!  I will continue to expand on the basic CSV file.  Then following, I will attempt to upload other CSV structures, eg. Attributes with combinations.  I would like to ask for your help if needed, since you're the only one that was able to help me in this forum for five years.

I found that one last night...Very helpful, also.

"Hello

Thank you for taking the extra time.
My question relates to CSV import of combinations and attributes. I seem to be
able to import the file ok with images, but it seems that extra images are
created.. I want one thumbnail of each color and also want
the main image to change when the related color picker is selected. I tried
different variations of the CSV file, with the exception of one, which I can't
figure out."

Thanks again 

Edited by Okiaatx (see edit history)