Out of memory [SOLVED]

Cogit

My server had updated EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4, which installed a MuliPHP manager - meaning I can select which php to use for a website. After configuring the php 5.6 ini to have memory limit of 128M. I still get this error.

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/***/modules/statsnewsletter/statsnewsletter.php:
Out of memory (allocated 52428800) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes)

I've tried adding ini_set in the config file, tried changing the php version, nothing seems to be changing this memory limit. I manually created a phpinfo() page, which is in the website directory, confirms that the memory limit is indeed 128M and no matter how high I change this value to, it still gives me the same error message.

This error is occuring after trying to access the modules and services page. I get a similar out of memory error after trying to import csv products.

SOLUTION

Cpanel support helped me by commenting out RLimitMem from httpd.conf and restarting Apache.

Edited by Cogit (see edit history)

You are trying to set memory limit by ini_set() function but does your server provider really allow you to do that? Please check actual memory limit by

echo ini_get('memory_limit');

and verify what changes you make in ini file it really take place. And if it is correct and still you have error even having 128M memory (i know hard to believe) try to make it even more up to 512M.

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested - it echos out 256M.

I've tried upping the memory in the global memory limit - doesn't change the errors I'm getting at all. Think I'm going to open a ticket with cpanel. I am the server provider :-) but a newbie server admin lol.