Theme does not show up in the dashboard

Hi everyone,

I am having issues when trying to upload and install a new theme for my shop. I have a fresh Prestashop installation on my machine and it doesn't matter how I try to put the theme files on the server, actually, I have loaded the zip file from my machine, from an internet address and I even manually tried to copy the files via ftp. The result seems to be the same nonetheless. No theme, other than the default, is shown. Prestashop appears to be totally unaware of it for some reason and I can't figure out why.

Maybe it could be a matter of permissions, but Prestashop had me change those during the installation process. In order to grant `www-data` write permissions I used the following commands as `root`:

chown -R www-data:www-data config/ cache/ log/ img/ mails/ modules/ themes/default-bootstrap/lang/ themes/default-bootstrap/pdf/lang/ themes/default-bootstrap/cache/ translations/ upload/ download/
and

chmod -R 770  config/ cache/ log/ img/ mails/ modules/ themes/default-bootstrap/lang/ themes/default-bootstrap/pdf/lang/ themes/default-bootstrap/cache/ translations/ upload/ download/
can anyone please help me understand what's going on?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by endriu107
Edit topic title (see edit history)

How you exactly add this new theme? Did you go to Preferences > Themes > Add new theme > and import zip? Did you theme zip is corectly packing, maybe inside zip is another zip?

P.S do not add in topic title [FREE THEME] if you are not theme developer and you don't attach this theme in post.

Hi endriu107,

first of all thank you for your reply. Yes, exactly: Preferences > Themes > Add new theme > and import zip and, once the upload has completed, a message appears to inform me that the file transfer has been successful. 

Before uploading, I did peek into the zip file and there is not another compressed file nested, just modules/, themes/ folders and Config.xml file.