Editing One Page Checkout required form fields

HI there

I am trying to change the "required" option on my one page checkout form fields in Presta Shop

I think I have found the file in which to do so?

"order-opc-new-account.tpl" - in my themes folder.    

I have removed the asterisk (*) from the field labels, "First Name" and "Last name" however the fields still remain as "required" - even with the (*) removed ?

Please can you assist me in changing the code so that these fields are NOT required. 

thank you

<div class="required form-group">
<label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup></sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text form-control validate" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" onblur="$('#firstname').val($(this).val());" data-validate="isName" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && isset($guestInformations.customer_firstname) && $guestInformations.customer_firstname}{$guestInformations.customer_firstname}{/if}" />
</div>
<div class="required form-group">
<label for="lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup></sup></label>
<input type="text" class="form-control validate" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" onblur="$('#lastname').val($(this).val());" data-validate="isName" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && isset($guestInformations.customer_lastname) && $guestInformations.customer_lastname}{$guestInformations.customer_lastname}{/if}" />
</div>

post-1309063-0-02278200-1473707073_thumb.png

While of course a solution to this problem exists, I cannot help but wonder why you would not want to know the name and surname of your customers (if anything, if you're not interested in that information, you could delete the fields altogether). The sole thing I came up with is that you are looking to offer something similar to a guest checkout, which is already a feature in the default PrestaShop installation.

Are you sure what you're asking is actually the behaviour you are looking for?

Edited by Apium (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...