What English language should I use for UK/GB Market? Can't see any change

Milosh

If my store is for UK market should I change my language to English GB?

As per my other post which is not answered yet when my main language is changed to English GB and I change the labels FOR THE GB language it does not change my current default theme. Anyway, my main question is what is the best practice? Should I stick to English default and just tweak some labels (since I can't see any specific adjustment to British market - No Vat in labels etc.)?

What are the benefits of using GB English over the default English? Is the default English US English?

I can see no change or benefit when I switch to English GB (COLOR does not change to COLOUR etc.) so can't see any point?

No, this change is not about spelling in both types of EN language. This is for HTML documentation. HTML structure is one of the major role in search engine optimization. Your HTML document have lang attribute like this

a2ec293522aa4f78986621807711de14.png

which tells search engine how to treat your document while indexing. If your language will be en-gb then it will have priority in search result from Great Briton while if you have en-us then it will have priority when someone search from USA.

• Like 1