PrestaShop 1.6.1.6 - Import products with combinations via CSV

Hello, PrestaShop community

I have installed PrestaShop version 1.6.1.6.

I am trying to figure out how to import a csv file with various products and their combinations, with size and color. I figured out how to import the values for the "product attributes" in a catalog, but I want to import a product with its combinations directly in the "products" catalog. 

I tried to use the same ID, when products are already imported, but no results appear in the "products" catalog. 

I tried using various CSV files, including ones generated by PrestaShop Store Manager, however, none of these works properly. I also tried to export a sample CSV file in order to see the syntax of the product attributes/aka combinations, but no luck with that either. 

The PrestaShop has its own sample CSV, which does import new attributes, but not combinations in the product, even though I am using the same ID.

I also tried the SQL manager to generate a CSV for that, but I do not know which parameters I shall choose there.

Any tips and ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I tried using various CSV files, including ones generated by PrestaShop Store Manager, however, none of these works properly. I also tried to export a sample CSV file in order to see the syntax of the product attributes/aka combinations, but no luck with that either. 

Hello 

Having the file, exported with Store Manager for PrestaShop, you can easily update or create product combination importing this file with Store Manager itself. Whenever you want to update existing combinations via Store Manager, you can use any of identifiers available (ID, reference). Though when creating, you should use combination reference only. Here is the step-by-step tutorial, you can follow to make the import precise 

https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-import-specific-prices-to-prestashop/

Hello, Iryna, thank you for your quick reply. I will check out whether this method will be good for me, however, I am also interested into the "orthodox" way of creating such a CSV file, in order for it to be uploaded via the built-in CSV importer. I have tried to upload an exported CSV with the PrestaShop Store Manager, however, it differs in the syntax, and the combinations are not recognized. Any suggestions? I have found a lot of information, however, it might depend on the version of PrestaShop, since none of these suggestions worked for me. Some of the required fields in such a spreadsheet are:

"Product ID" (using the same ID number as the product, whose combinations you want to expand),

"Attribute (Name:Type:Position)*

"Value (Value:Position)*"

Here are 2 examples for how am I trying to make a spreadsheet:

ssheo.jpg

Hi!

Just a few hints for your combinations import. I have noticed, that you have quotes in 'Value' column of your csv. The file might have been parsed incorrectly. Moreover, combinations are imported separately, not together with products. That means you have first import/create products and afterwards add combination to them via import.