Theme Damage

I do hope someone out there can help please!

I installed version 1.6.1.5 and then purchased a theme called 'Boutique' from Kute.

I followed the instruction carefully and installed the theme. It seem to work but the actual store front did not display at all like it was supposed too.

Since then I have logged countless support tickets with the developer having given them all the info for backend and FTP access but they have done nothing and told me to be patient despite now waiting 8 or 9 days.

So I decided to dump their theme and reset back to the default.

Problem is I cant. I disabled all the modules that it installed and tried to active the default theme but it doesn't work.

So I went into FTP and deleted the folders for the theme install.

Now I just get an 500 error on the store front.

The back end admin is fine though at least.

Any suggestions much appreciated... Thanks.

Hi,

you can see what is the error causing the 500 error on frontpage by enabling DEBUG mode :

go to ftp, folder /config/ open file called defines.inc.php  , and change this line:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

to this :

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

After this, if you reload the frontpage you should get warnings displayed along errors, or exceptions.

Regards, Leo

Wow that was fast!  Thanks for your reply.

Before I read it I went back and installed the 'boutique' theme. It restored my store front but I can see its not right as there is nothing showing. http://5.10.105.45/~studio18/index.php

In admin i try to config that theme as it has extra menus on the site called 'ovic theme config' however i get loads of new reporting errors (activated as suggested) if i try and go there, and then it says 'controller not found.

I again tried to reset the default theme selecting 'use this theme' and it all progressed but nothing changed.

I think in installation process something went wrong, for example I see error:

SELECT `left` FROM `ps_ovic_options_sidebar` WHERE LCASE(`theme`) = 'boutique' AND `page` ='product' AND `alias`='home11' LIMIT 1
It could means that the some theme modules are install incorrect, or they are not install at all.

OK thanks. Im not going to try an fix this as Ive lost hours if not days already.

Is there a way to re-install prestashop over the existing database, or export the database and apply to a clean install.

I think this is going to be the best route as I want completely rid of this crap theme.

Update: This is just for anyone who has a broken install or broken theme install. I hope it saves you hours of research with dead ends.

I had to create a clean install of Presta, then install theme, then import all data again on over 1000 products and orders. Not impressed!

Could not find a work around.

Does not seem to be a way to re-install Presta and apply existing data that is full-proof and does not demand you being a super coder. (it seems even the super coders haven't got a solution, well not one i have found anyhow!)

Tried copying over clean folders using hosting file manager from clean install to broken, did not work.

Tried resetting all modules.

Tried exporting data using SQL query so i could import into clean install. partial success but not complete.

Tried re-installing offending theme.

Looked for a way to re-install default theme, does not exist.

And about a million other things.....

• 2 weeks later...