Cart not calculating total price of order correctly in PS 1.6.1.6

We just came across a very strange issue that we have not seen before. A customer who is in only one of our Customer Groups (a group with prices much lower than retail on most items) placed an order that contained 82 items, showing a grand total (not including shipping or tax) of $446.39.

However, if you add up the line items individually, the total should be $382.84. When I look at the order in the back office, it shows the wrong total of $446.39, despite the individual item prices being correct for that group.

The difference of $63.55 is about 16% more than the correct $382.84 total, which doesn't seem to correlate to anything such as retail price levels, shipping, or tax (and as you can see in the attached JPG, there is no shipping or tax being added anyhow).

As a test, if I add myself to the same Customer Group and enter an identical order, it calculates the total correctly. If I enter the order as a retail customer, it shows a correct total of ~$750.

How could this have happened? See the attached JPG of the order from PS.

post-871565-0-43223600-1471375613_thumb.jpg

Aloha, Lepusa,

the only thing I can think is that there must be additional line items which are not showing on the 1 page invoice. Can you confirm with the customer that they ordered those 82 items and nothing more?

good luck, Tim

Aloha, Lepusa,

the only thing I can think is that there must be additional line items which are not showing on the 1 page invoice. Can you confirm with the customer that they ordered those 82 items and nothing more?

good luck, Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for answering. The items on the invoice are the exact same 82 items as on the order. Now we've had an instance where someone's order came through with no items at all... it seems that I may need to do a reinstall as there are some very strange things happening. See the attached screen shot.

If anyone else can chime in on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vince

post-871565-0-76172400-1472252333_thumb.jpg

Edited by lepusa (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for answering. The items on the invoice are the exact same 82 items as on the order. Now we've had an instance where someone's order came through with no items at all... it seems that I may need to do a reinstall as there are some very strange things happening. See the attached screen shot.

If anyone else can chime in on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vince

attachicon.gifscreenshot 2016-08-26 at 3.57.16 PM.jpg

Hi lepusa,

have you been able to solve your issue?

My shop has just started to show strange behaviours like yours.

Thanks in advance!

Hi lepusa,

have you been able to solve your issue?

My shop has just started to show strange behaviours like yours.

Thanks in advance!

Well… we haven't seen the issue for a while now, so we're wondering if there wasn't a temporary issue such as the server undergoing a backup routine or something like that at the moment that the faulty orders were being placed. Since then everything has been fine.