Sales Stats don't seem to add up correctly anyone throw a little light on these figures

I'm having some problems making the figures generated in the stats page actually add up to what has really been taken in real money via sales.

Today I thought I would catch the stats early while there was just a few sales  to try and determine what is happening.

So this morning we had 3 sales to a value of  £ 81.75 (taken from stats)  I added up the invoice values and those figures are correct, 3 sales all paypal the combined invoice value = what is reported in the stats module.

My problem stems from the section above this, the section of stats that state "these figures do not include tax".

I have the same 3 sales showing and the amount is £ 69.29  so i calculate the VAT (20%)  which equates to £13.85   and the total combined = £83.14  my postage costs are £7  that's 2 x £3.50   and one qualified for free postage.

it doesn't add up to the amount shown lower down on the stats, which are correct?

​My initial thoughts were this is to do with postage/ shipping costs but which ever way I try to calculate this out the figures do not equate to what they should do,    does anyone know how these figures are calculated?

to throw a further spanner in the works and probably more concerning,  I manually added a payment that was paid by bank transfer, a small payment of £24.00, I appreciate the sale itself is shown in previous stats  but the payment surely should be added when the payment is actually made  as in today?  and its isn't  after accepting payment the stats still showing the previous figures and have not included the £24,  

We do around 8k a week in deferred payments to trusted customers we put the order on via the back office and use "waiting for bank wire payment"  as the payment option  when the customer pays we apply the payment, am I doing this correct?

This is worrying me slightly  as I have been using these figures for our vat returns  as we have 100's of sales a day and some really large sales figures this could mean we are miles out on our VAT returns  which in turn could result in large financial penalties, this came to light when we reconciled our bank account and noticed figures were not the same.

can anyone throw any light on this or point me to a relative thread  I have searched and not found a lot

added a screen shot for clarity

post-607403-0-20752800-1471340827_thumb.png

Edited by puffdade (see edit history)

I'm surprised no one has commented on this  keeping good accounts and correct accounting for sales is a fundamental part of any business, to have a product that's returning what would appear to be incorrect amounts is effecting every single user if that is in fact the case.

There must be some logical reasoning but I can't find it.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one has commented on this  keeping good accounts and correct accounting for sales is a fundamental part of any business, to have a product that's returning what would appear to be incorrect amounts is effecting every single user if that is in fact the case.

There must be some logical reasoning but I can't find it.

HI there

You can change the payment status of orders to 'payment accepted',

and you can try our free stats: here

• Like 1