CSV Product Update

Hey guys,

I thought I had this all figured out, imported 20,000 items. Due to having multiple suppliers I used auto-incremented ID's.

Now I am needing to update product pricing, but my supplier CSV files don't have my ID's and without them it appears I cannot update these fields, please correct me if I am wrong.

I tried using use product key as reference without any id, and with made up id's. Both got error's that it couldn't save.

Is there something I am missing? Please help.

Hi, sorry I cannot completely understand what you're saying. 

I can use a custom script to import without an ID, by using the product reference only?

Thanks,

Hi,

You should use id or ref based for update. Else it dont work you must to passed by a custom script php. It's not really hard to do regarding your csv i can help you if you wish.

King regards,

Else you got the same information on the website database and the csv file yes.

EG, you csv contain name and stock:

my shoes | 5

And you got on your website a product with the name:

my shoes

You could simply parse the array of the .csv file and do a simple UPDATE trough mysql for updating the quantity of your product ;)

I understand what you are saying, but have no idea how I would put that into play.

It would likely take me less time to delete all products and start again with a system to prevent duplicate numbers. :D

Thanks a lot for the help though, I think I know how I need to do this now (I hope), after all I thought I knew last time.